Monday, January 21, 2013

four eyes, and then some

After leaving behind my one pair of (old) glasses for the bazillionth time, I decided that I needed an extra pair (or three).  Warby Parker was already on my radar, but then I remembered that I had seen a few optical companies had popped up recently that were offering a free pair.  So after a second trip to the Warby Parker showroom in NYC and a quick Google search for "free glasses", I had three pairs on their way to my mailbox.

The Warby Parker glasses are definitely my favorite.  I don't know if it's because they are the only pair that I tried on prior to purchasing them, or that I paid for them, but I love them the most nonetheless.  (I most certainly will be headed back for these and these very soon.  And possible these!)

These glasses from Firmoo.com are my second favorite, and they were free (for the most part).  I love the contrasting stems (is that what they are even called?).  What I don't love as much, is the thickness of the lenses.  I am practically blind, and my lenses are very thick. Firmoo had several options for the "thinness" of the lens varying from $10-$90.  I chose the cheapest version because I planned on these being a spare pair.  Now that I have them, I really love the frames and wish I had splurged for thinner lenses.

I also love these glasses from Coastal.com, but I don't think they are quite as flattering on my face as the others.  I adore the color, and they arrived the quickest.
Oh, and you can't beat free!

8 comments:

  1. the first ones are my favorite! And I really love your signature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I agree on both points :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The order you have is the order I love. And now I'm off to coastal.com to see what free pair I can snag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think they will ever actually arrive??

      Delete
  4. The first/WP's are great and look really cool on you. I have worked with Coastal 2x in the past for my daughter and they are amazing!! The customer service is tops!!

    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shon! Thank you. I spent about 2 seconds picking out the coastal glasses, next time I will actually upload a picture!

      Delete
  5. This year one of my goals in finding my 'everyday look' blogs like YOURS! and goodlifeforless have helped me hone in on my personal dressing style last year--- this year is sans glasses and back to contacts while I figure out makeup and hair

    I actually like the Firmoo on you the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, thank you! I think I've really honed in on my "style" so much so that I can't edit anything from my closet. I love Jill too! She's a little denim heavy (for me), but she looks amazing in jeans.

      If it weren't for the thick lenses, it would for sure be a tie between the WP and Firmoo. I think this is the first time in my life I've worn glasses more days than contacts! Have you been to the WP showroom (Houston and Lafayette)??

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...