Tuesday, April 2, 2013

they say a little duck tape can fix anything...

This weekend I got a little crafty and I LOVE the results.  

I found these tables on clearance at IKEA a few weeks ago.  I hated them in their original state, but knew they had potential.  My first thought was to paint them with chalk board paint.  I soon came to my senses about actually having to paint, and then after having chalk around (my skin is crawling even thinking about it), and I came up with something (I think) much better.

Seriously, there's not much to it.  I just used alternating strips of black and white duck tape (that I found at Walmart).  The tape is so thick that it's a cinch to line up.  In less than an hour, I had all four tables done.  I used 2 rolls of each color to do the four tables.  I used 4 of this table, but if I had to do it again I would get 2 black tables and 2 white tables and I would have only needed 1 roll of each color of tape, but it would have been a little more work to measure out the stripes.

Quick, easy, and cheap.  Wait, that sounds wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...